Hardware and software required when using the current version of TARGET 3001!
- Operating system: (Windows XP*, Windows Vista), Windows 7 64bit, Windows 864bit, Windows 1064bit, Windows 1164bit, Linux**
- Processor: at least 2 GHz Intel/AMD, Multicore: TARGET mostly uses only one core
- Memory: at least 1 GB
- Graphics: at least 1024x800 pixel, Open-GL support for 3D view
- Graphics memory: 1 GB
- Internet access required for some functions: Program help (Wiki), program update, database update, data sheets, additional supplier information etc.
* When using Win XP it might occur that the missing of the file normaliz.dll is alerted. What to do??
** TARGET normally runs well under Linux using Wine but we can give no warranty. The ELECTRA autorouter runs under a genuine Windows only.
Some functions in TARGET (STEP-Import, Componiverse, Electra, etc.) require Visual C++ Redistributable Package
For installation the Ubuntu-User Winetricks can be used. This already is on Ubuntu.
This end it worked only using the pack VCRUN2008. VCRUN2013 etc. caused errors.
NOTE: There is an ongoing effort in Wine to provide a complete Microsoft Visual C++runtime library replacement - removing the need of installing the Microsoft VC++ redistributables packages. This is a work in progress hence you might still need to install Microsoft VC++ runtime.
back to General