Hardware and software required when using the current version of TARGET 3001!
- Operating system: Windows XP*, Vista (32/64 Bit), Windows 7, Win7 (32/64 Bit), Win8 (32/64 Bit), Win 10 (32/64 Bit), Linux**
- Processor: at least 1000 MHz Pentium 4 resp. 1000 MHz Athlon XP
- 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 1024x800 pixel, Open GL support (for 3D view)
- Graphics memory: 512 MB
- CD-ROM drive
- Internet access (needed for program help (Wiki), program update, component data base update, data sheets, commercial features and online communication to IBF.)
* When using Win XP it might occur that the missing of the file normaliz.dll is alerted. What to do??
** TARGET normally runs well under Linux using Wine but we can give no warranty. The ELECTRA autorouter runs under a genuine Windows only.
Some functions in TARGET (STEP-Import, Componiverse, Electra, etc.) require Visual C++ Redistributable Package
For installation the Ubuntu-User Winetricks can be used. This already is on Ubuntu.
This end it worked only using the pack VCRUN2008. VCRUN2013 etc. caused errors.
NOTE: There is an ongoing effort in Wine to provide a complete Microsoft Visual C++runtime library replacement - removing the need of installing the Microsoft VC++ redistributables packages. This is a work in progress hence you might still need to install Microsoft VC++ runtime.
back to General