"Eagle" is a registered trademark of Cadsoft, Pleiskirchen, Germany.
Being familiar with a different layout CAD system does not ease the entry into TARGET 3001!. Often it is easier to learn a software without the experiences with other software packages. The following articles may help you entering TARGET 3001! while coming from Eagle. You can convert your Eagle-files to TARGET 3001! and convert them from TARGET 3001! to Eagle. Also your private Eagle libraries can be converted to TARGET 3001!. Also a summary explains the Eagle text commands and how you would do it in TARGET 3001!
Easy entry to TARGET 3001! coming from Eagle:
The easy way of opening an Eagle project in TARGET 3001!
Eagle commands and how to do it in TARGET 3001 (or as a PDF)
Convert Eagle projects and libraries to TARGET 3001! (the standard way step by step)
Convert TARGET 3001! projects to Eagle (TARGET 3001! libraries can not be convertet to Eagle up to now.)
Advantages of TARGET 3001! over Eagle
- independence from the marketing decisions of a dominating principal (Eagle is owned by a component distributor)
- all project information (schematic, pcb, simulation, 3D, data sheet links, ordering numbers, front panel design etc.) is gathered in one single project file.
- realtime data integration, no versions conflicts between schematic and board.
- the complete handling in one single Windows application.
- automatic internal forward-back-annotation.
- mixed-mode simulation
- full functional 3D-view with all 3D functions up to STEP export - not a rendered static image!
- direct access to components in a SQL data base offering the complete performance of a relational data base
- commercial infos on your parts (price, availability, data sheet link) on button click
- maintain RoHS- or any other information as component property down to BoM
- Isolation milling of your prototypes on button click
- front panel design within the PCB development environment
- no fear of Load Error 293:
- Components editable in schematic and layout, independently from the component data base
- package generator
- edit pin functions like a text
Use the advantages of both systems!
Our aim is to give you the chance to use both systems as efficiently as possible and to keep the hurdles between both systems low. That's the reason why you can open an Eagle File in TARGET 3001! and convert a TARGET file the way that you can open it in Eagle.